Hearing Aids Bluetooth-Enabled Hearing Aids – explore the pros and cons
The wireless Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids connect to any electrical device, so you can control the device and stream audio from your devices.
To provide convenience in the lives of those using hearing aids, developers are constantly devising innovative technologies to make lives simpler. One such innovation is the connectivity of Bluetooth to the hearing aids. This means that people with hearing impairment can connect their hearing aids to devices and significantly enhance the quality of sounds that they hear from the source device.
Substantial development has taken place recently in this field, with the Bluetooth feature now compatible with most types of hearing aids. Whether you choose the Behind the Ear BTE, In the Ear ITE, or in the canal ITC, you can benefit from the dynamic Bluetooth feature. However, the products and accessories that are Bluetooth enabled vary according to the manufacturer and brand that you are using.
Benefits of Bluetooth Hearing Aids
Bluetooth Hearing Aids come with their own share of benefits and drawbacks. Let’s take a look at some paramount benefits provided by the Bluetooth feature.
- The wireless Bluetooth hearing device is analogous to a wireless pair of headphones. You can experience a better and enriched sound quality when connecting the hearing aids to your electronic device. The instrument provides convenience and ease along with a comfortable hearing experience.
- Some people with hearing impairment issues might get a setback since they feel they wouldn’t be able to use their gadgets the same way due to their supplemental auditory needs. Wireless Bluetooth connectivity, however, makes it practically easy for the person to utilize the various gadgets. Whether you need to make a phone call, attend a virtual meeting, listen to music, or watch TV, you can peacefully experience the perks of technological devices.
- The sound amplitudes and frequencies can be adjusted appropriately using the hearing aid or the app in the gadget. You have access to a better custom control to tweak the sounds according to your hearing on the connected device.
Drawbacks of Bluetooth Hearing Aid
There are certain drawbacks to using a Bluetooth-compatible hearing aid that needs to be taken into account.
- When your hearing aid is connected to a Bluetooth-compatible device, depending on the settings of your hearing aid, the microphone may be turned on or off. Since the instrument is set by the hearing specialist, you cannot reset it easily. This means that during the time the hearing aid is streaming on the device, you might not be able to hear other background sounds due to the instrument’s inability to amplify these sounds.
- Bluetooth Hearing Aids are not cheap at all. The instruments and accessories are costly, so it only makes sense to purchase the equipment if you’re a regular user of gadgets.
- Hearing Aids compatible with Bluetooth require some initial start-up settings before they can be connected to any device. Since these settings are complex, You need to seek the help of a hearing professional or any other tech-savvy person you may know to set up the device.
- In order for the hearing aid to stream the device, it needs to be within the range of the transmitter so that the hearing aids can catch the signals. The transmitter converts the Bluetooth signal to a wireless signal which is comprehended by the hearing instrument. If it goes too far away, the connectivity is lost.
If you’re planning to buy a Bluetooth-compatible hearing Aid, discuss and explore your options with your hearing specialist. Inform them about your lifestyle, the type of hearing you need assistance with, and the frequency of your gadget usage.
Before making the final decision, carry out a practical demonstration of the Bluetooth-compatible hearing aid with the device to get a known how of the experience.
If you feel selecting a Bluetooth-compatible hearing Aid would make your life better by considerably improving your everyday interactions and enhancing your hearing potential, do utilize this innovative opportunity.
This is How We Do It: Our TruFit Hearing Signature Process
Book a FREE Hearing Consultation.
Determine if you really have a hearing problem, tell us your concerns (look, fit, needs).
Take them home.
Demo tons of options available for you at our clinic. Pick one.
Hear better again…
Or your money back.
Get Started with a FREE Hearing Consultation
We know that when you can’t hear well, living without hearing aids is frustrating, and living with the wrong ones is just as frustrating.